Friday, February 18, 2011

I've been here before

As I write this it is 10:25 pm
Clay left with the boy about 10 minutes ago --ER bound
He has been having WONDERFUL days......talking, making connections, good moods
I usually lay with him for a bit till he goes to sleep.
Tonight the seizure started while in bed
I hurriedly sat him up and got the bucket
there was teeth grinding, some vomitting and the "going away"
We tried to talk him into fighting it....."staying with us" and it almost looked like he was going to
but
he couldn't fight it.
he started to go rigid.
jerking
I couldn't go to the ER with them

Darrah is asleep
its late......

People have said to us
"you know, you really need to get him on meds for this"

oh really?! gee why didn't WE think of THAT!

asshats.
we have had him on meds.
the problem is: the boy goes away
the language goes
the good mood goes
the learning goes
the cranky, irritable, zombie comes.
and stays

so what to do?

right now
at this very minute all I can do is wait.
wait for the phone call or the text where clay says the seizure is under control
then the one that says they are on their way home
then we watch him
we snooze with him
and we try to get through the next days.

what else IS there to do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, T. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

I do not envy the decision you two had to make regarding Jack's meds but I know you've made and will continue to make the right choices for him. Healing vibes to Jack and support and love to you and Clay.

Unknown said...

Love, healing, and support to all of you, T. You are all so much stronger than I, but the strength I have may it go to you. <3

Anonymous said...

my dear daughter and clay - you are two of the strongest people i know-my prayers and love for dear jack-i am writing this with tears for all your family is going thru-jack is a very special little boy and one of gods special children-he will guide you all and will take care of jack-with god guiding you -you will do what is best for that special little boy-my prayers are with you daily-love to you-clay and darrah and specially to dear jack